Wednesday 10 September 2014

Swish New Blog

Hi all,
 
Only me! I hope you all like my brand new blog?!  How fancy, I think it makes me look quite the professional!  It should be a bit more exciting reading for my lovely fans and all supporters of our Wrexham Adoption Centre.  I have uploaded my last couple of posts on here too so be sure to give them a look afterwards!

It's that time of year again, back to school for the youngsters and we still have a few handy bits and bobs in our shop at the Adoption Centre, including notebooks, pens and pencils.  Get them while stocks last! 



We would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has donated to us recently, including those who have brought us biological washing powder, stationery and cat food.  We are always in need of donations and are so grateful to all our fabulous supporters who are always there when we need them.  I for one am always happy to see people coming to the centre as it's a good chance to get our cats seen and to have a little fuss with me too - I'm a sucker for a tickle behind the ear let me tell you! Anyway, please do keep an eye on our Facebook page and Website for any appeals we make in the future, thanks!



As well as donations, we are still in need of volunteers.  I know I have posted about this before but please do make our plea known to any friends or family you think might be able to help.  We are still looking for new fosterers for kittens and home visitors but are also looking to recruit volunteers to work with feral cats in our Trap Neuter Return (TNR) Scheme and to help with the daily cleaning of the cat pens in the centre (9am-11am any day Monday to Friday).  You can find more details about all these roles on our Volunteering Page.  On the subject of help in the centre, we do still have opportunities for work experience students during October, November and December - we can only take one student at a time so get in touch ASAP before the spaces go!

We are hoping that now the holidays have come to a close that we will have more visitors to meet our cats.  Some of them have been with us far too long and are becoming, understandably, more and more frustrated.  I know I would hate to be in one of those pens for one day, I couldn't imagine being there for months.  Don't get me wrong, they are receiving the comforts of a 5* hotel but it's just not the same as having a family of their own and a home and garden to enjoy. 

I have set the aim of rehoming over 300 cats during 2014 so we really do need our supporters to help spread the word and recommend adopting a cat.  We have cats for all circumstances, whether looking for a young lively cat for a family or a companion for an older lonely person, like Bodie.  She is 13 years young with great health and adores having company and cuddles.  Jess, who is also 13, has been put forward to the national Cats Protection Facebook page to be a featured cat!  She has been with us since March, poor girl, and there is no reason why she shouldn't be snapped up immediately!  Please don't write off our old girls (and boys) as they make fantastic pets with charming characters, such as myself!

Bodie would love to find someone with plenty of time to spend cuddling!

Three of our tabby cats in particular are not well suited to this environment.  Hercules, Henry and Neva would all love to have the freedom to be themselves in a relaxed and open setting.  I think they would do well as barn or stable cats, where they can romp around independently and explore, maybe catching the odd prey item here or there if they so choose!  They would need to be kept indoors (or in an outbuilding) to start with to help them settle but after that they would do a great job of keeping your place clean!  Please take a look at our Adopt a Cat section to find out more about them. 

Can you offer Hercules the freedom he needs??
Also, everyone who adopts a cat from us receives a free sample of Feliway spray, a toy mouse, a laser pen and a money off voucher for Purina foods, as well as all the other benefits for our £47 adoption fee. Now if that isn't a good enough deal for you, I don't know what is!  With over 250 cats on our waiting list our pens are never empty for long - we love homing our cats to their perfect new families so we can help as many other needy kitties as we can. 

My paws aren't half aching now my friends, so will just leave you with an important update to finish off.  Our Assisted Neutering Scheme vouchers have recently increased in value, meaning that you could now be entitled to £40 OFF the cost of neutering a female cat and £25 OFF the cost for a male cat.  These vouchers are able to be claimed if you are on any type of benefits, income support or tax credits, if you are a pensioner, on low income or in receipt of student loan.  Please call the centre on 01978 313574 and say you would like to apply for a neutering voucher and my friendly and helpful staff members will take your details.  I have trained them well!

Well I think that's more than enough for now.  Better get back out in the car park, check everything is in order and then top up my ginger tan.

Farewell for now loyal fans,

Love and purrs,

Fred x

No comments:

Post a Comment